Chris Pyle, President and CEO of Champion Solutions Group, demonstrated 365 Command at the Tech Data TDCloud conference. The attendees – roughly 100 VARs and MSPs — seemed genuinely impressed with the service. Here’s why: Hosted in Microsoft’s Windows Azure cloud, 365 Command offers three core capabilities to channel partners — particularly those that want to wrap managed services around Office 365. Those capabilities include:
- Administration: The service helps administers and help desk staff to perform common tasks that would otherwise require Windows PowerShell scripting knowledge.
- Reporting: Channel partners can generate reports to show such information as mailbox sizes, archive sizes, quotas usage and more.
- Partner Scalability: Channel partners can administer all of their Office 365 customers from a single login.
In addition, 365 Command empowers VARs and MSPs to deliver the following services:
- Password resets (with options that never expire)
- Set mailbox permissions
- Set mailbox folder permissions
- Forward mail to an alternate mailbox
- Create shared mailboxes
- Report on mailbox sizes, archive sizes, quota usage and mobile devices
365 Command currently has roughly 600 customers and partners managing 365,000 mailboxes from all over the world. Early feedback indicates there is a better way to manage Office 365. And it’s called 365 Command.
To read original article from Talkin’ Cloud by Joe Panettieri click here.